Qatar Airways new Economy Class Seats at ITB Berlin 2019 – Business Traveller.
Tom Otley reviews Qatar Airways new Economy Class Seats at ITB Berlin 2019 for Business Traveller UK Magazine.
– Hello, this is Tom Otley of Business Traveller, and we’re looking at the new Qatar Airways economy class seat. And we’ve got an expert guide here. Please tell me all about it.
– So basically, if you can already see, the screen is much, much bigger than in the previous economy class. The size is 13.3 inches, it’s touchscreen. The difference also, is the table. It’s a different design, it’s a folded table. And then we have another one, for your drink, you can put here. Also, your phone, you can charge it at the same time. If you have a tablet or iPad, you can put it here, and it’s gonna not fall down because of the design. The difference also is in the seat pocket. You can see that the seat pocket is much, much smaller. It’s just because in the future, Qatar always wants to go very eco and the recyclable, so they don’t want to purchase any magazines on board. The seat pocket is the size for your, you can put in your tablet, your iPad, phone inside. On the side is the charger, so you can charge it at the same time.
– Oh yeah, down here. In between the seats.
– Yes. The most important thing about the seat is that even a customer is sitting in front of you and would like to recline the seat, if I want to recline the seat, it’s just as clean as moving, and you have still the same amount of space, so if I–
– Okay, you recline.
– You recline and see what happens to me.
– That’s it.
– Yeah, yeah, it hasn’t moved, and you’ve moved,
– So it’s just–
– So how do I work that? So I press this button here?
– Does mine work?
– Yeah, you have to go a little bit down.
– Okay I’m sinking. Oh I get it, yeah, yeah. So the seat-pan moves, and then also the lumbar cushion.
– And it doesn’t move much does it but it’s enough to make some difference.
– Goes from six degrees, it’s already preset, it’s already six degrees, and it goes to 19. But even if someone’s sitting in front of you, you can still have your dinner, you can still be on your laptop, because it’s got enough leg room.
– Fantastic, thank you very much!
– You’re very welcome.