Home / Trend / Transforming Human Poop Into Eco-Friendly Fertilizer | Best Job Ever

Transforming Human Poop Into Eco-Friendly Fertilizer | Best Job Ever

Transforming Human Poop Into Eco-Friendly Fertilizer | Best Job Ever



Everyone poops. But who wants to actually deal with it? Ecologist Sasha Kramer literally works with poop and thinks about it every day. She is helping to transform human waste into fertile organic compost for agricultural use in Haiti. #BestJobEver
➡ Subscribe: http://bit.ly/NatGeoSubscribe
➡ Get More Best Job Ever on Youtube: http://bit.ly/NGBestJobEver

About Best Job Ever:
Are you ready for some serious job envy? National Geographic explorers give you the first hand scoop on the best—and sometimes worst—parts of some seriously surprising professions.

Get More National Geographic:
Official Site: http://bit.ly/NatGeoOfficialSite
Facebook: http://bit.ly/FBNatGeo
Twitter: http://bit.ly/NatGeoTwitter
Instagram: http://bit.ly/NatGeoInsta

About National Geographic:
National Geographic is the world’s premium destination for science, exploration, and adventure. Through their world-class scientists, photographers, journalists, and filmmakers, Nat Geo gets you closer to the stories that matter and past the edge of what’s possible.

Read more about the philosophy behind SOIL: https://www.oursoil.org

Producer/Editor: Carolyn Barnwell
Series Producer: Chris Mattle
Director of Photography/Field Producer: James M. Felter
Graphics: Chris Mattle

Transforming Human Poop Into Eco-Friendly Fertilizer | Best Job Ever

National Geographic
https://www.youtube.com/natgeo

About coolgnvj_thenewsspace

Check Also

Jake Paul Cries After Tana Mongeau Pregnancy Reveal

ShareTweetPinGoogle+LinkedIn0shares Jake Paul cries during Tana Mongeau’s pregnancy prank. David Dobrik and Corinna fantasize about …

27 comments

  1. Pathogen free soil!?

  2. Ridiculous that you don't explain that you must remove the pathogens before using this as fertilizer….

  3. One of the dirtiest videos I have ever seen. BUT IN A GOOD WAY. 🙂

  4. I bet hrc isn't behind this venture lol….

  5. One mans waste, is another mans treasure.

  6. This should be good for those folks on the ISS , I am glad these People are Learning Science 🙂 QC

  7. I salute these guys they doing there's part for protecting environment but we humans if eat fruits and vegetables or meat only without any spice or cheese and stuffs then our poops will be more effective than cowdung for plants and for fact nature has made us for that purpose only but we are greedy so we want cheesy broody!

  8. Gandhiii commented Vinobaji is my best disciple as he carries human excreta on his head.

  9. Ok people, do a little research on what all is involved in the composting process and 90% of your questions will be answered. The other 10% is plain ole common sense. Try reading a book or two on how to compost human poo and you might understand what is really going on in a compost pile.

  10. The whole world should do this

  11. I love this but I don't understand your process of forming the manure. I really want to know plz

  12. how do you prevent disease from this

  13. This is how we should be making soil the way God intended

  14. You idiots your making the perfect environment for parasites to contaminate their food and will kill millions of people look at north Korea

  15. No. These people have refused to implement the very basics of human sanitation.
    Ancient Aztecs has plumbing… These people refuse to maintain their homes and society.
    Compost is AMAZING for farmers and people living alone. NOT cities or countries like Haiti.
    This video shows your bias.
    You wish to show it in a positive light, when in reality they refuse to do this themselves, and it has to be force on them as a last measure cause they refuse to implement the most basic forms of plumbing that was normal thousands of years ago.

  16. Good Job!! We do this in Switzerland 😉

  17. she said "part of a movement" snicker snicker

  18. but how do you get rid of the human parasites

  19. God bless you guys 🙂

  20. human feces is a deadly bacteria and will be outlawed in the U.S. thanks to farmers making petitions against the united states and companies like Monsanto .

  21. how are the harmful pathogens killed? It looks like the compost doesn't get hot enough to kill the bad stuff (at least not on the outside)

  22. that journalist lady never even touched that shit. she prepped for it but didnt touch it. it is okay you dont want to touch it but why lie?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

shares